Welcome to the World Languages Department Homepage
Windsor Mill Middle School is proud to offer both Spanish and Chinese to 7th and 8th grade students. Our department consists of Ms. Collier and Mr. Lovett
The Office of World Languages advances student achievement through the design, implementation, and assessment of ESOL, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Latin, and Spanish curricula, preK-12 and provides students with the skills necessary for success in the 21st century workplace.
- Prepare world languages curriculum guides and exams that align with state and national standards.
- Promote the longest possible sequence of study of a language.
- Provide support that leads to improved student achievement on countywide exams and state assessments
- Provide direct services and support to schools, English Learners and their families, and community groups as outlined in the Master Plan.
- Promote increased participation in national assessments.
- Oversee the identification and selection of appropriate textbooks and resources and provide support and training to teaching staff.